Saturday 10 March 2012

Dear Jane!

Oh! Dear Jane! Such is love, my dear daughter! vexing, is it not? My eldest daughter has sent me word from my brother and sister-in-law's house. How miserable she is! Her spirits are crushed and she may die of a broken heart! Oh, the horror of love. Never-mind, you will find another soon, for marriage will come your way! My dear second eldest has gone off to see her newly-wed friend. How DARE the plain Lucas marry before my beautiful daughters? Never the matter. 

3 comments:

  1. My dearest mother, I appreciate your concern for Lizzy and myself. However, I earge you not to take your frustrations out on the new Mrs. Collins. Both Lizzy and I had the oppertunity to marry him and neither of us felt obliged to do so. I wish them the best on their new lifes together. Ibelieve you should do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. B! It's not my fault, Darcy made me do it, I swear. Don't tell him I told you, but he told me he was doing me a favor. I still love Lizzy, and I hope one day we can be reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother, do not worry about why me and Lizzy did not marry first. You should be glad that Miss. Lucas accepeted in marrying Mr. Collins. I am trying my best to get my mind off of Bingley, and I hope that I will be better as soon as possible. I will be fine when I return home to my lovely mother and family.

    ReplyDelete